Deosai is located approximately 30 km takes abnout 2.5 hours from Skardu city and it is the shortest route to visit Deosai. Most foreigners visit Deosai via Skardu. It takes one hour to reach Deosai top via Sadpara Skardu. From Astore to Chilum Choki is 52Km/3Hrs and here upto Sheosar Lake Deosai is ~20Km/1.5 Hrs. From Sheosar Lake Deosai, the jeep road leads to Skardu and it is ~35Km/3Hrs from Sheosar to Skardu.
Entry points of Deosai
There are two main entry points of Deosai one is on Skardu side know as the Satpara check post and other one is on the Astore side called the chillum choki . The following fees have to paid for entrance into the park.
Locals of Gilgit /Baltistan : PKR 40
Pakistani Nationals : PKR 100
Foreigners : USD 10
The following things are strictly not allowed when in the park.
• Entry into the Park without paying the Entry Fee
• Temporary or permanent residence
• Hunt, kill or capture or intend to hunt, kill or capture any wild animal
• Carry any fire arm, explosive or any other hunting weapon
• Introduce any pet or domestic animal
• Fire, cut, destroy, injure or damage to any tree, grass, bush or other vegetation types
• Cultivate or encroach land
• Pollute or contaminate any water resources in or flowing in to the Park
• Introduce any exotic animal or plant
• Pick any flower or remove any plant, stone or other natural object from the Park
• Write on, cut, carve or otherwise deface any building, monument, notice board, tree, rock or other object, whether natural or otherwise…
• Discard any litter, paper or waste etc.
Camping is allowed in designated places in Deosai. No permission required ,Campers usually have spot near Bara Pani Bridge. However, some also camp at Sheosar Lake. Usually dangerous wildlife (Bears) stay away from the road that passes through Deosai but you as a precaution you can keep pepper spray.
Angling is allowed is some specific areas/zones however a license can obtained after paying the required fees.
A Tourist Visa allows the citizens of these countries to visit Pakistan for tourism purposes.
You can apply for two types of visas online : https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/tourist-visa/
First Time (New) : You can apply for a new visa if you do not possess a valid Pakistan visa.
Extension : You can apply for a visa extension if you posses a valid Pakistan visa and you are residing in Pakistan.
Eligibility : Citizens of countries listed are eligible to apply for this visa.
NOTE: You may be eligible to Apply for a Tourist Visa On Arrival, please check your eligibility
Duration and Validity
In case of extension, please make sure that you have a valid Pakistani Visa and are residing in Pakistan as well.
Issuance of Visa is the prerogative of the Government of Pakistan.